Last updated November 15 2020
Truenova is committed to safeguarding any personal information that may be collected through our website (the "Site" or the "Service") and to ensuring that you are fully informed as to how your personal information will be used. The following policy describes such collection and usage.
What information do we collect and how we collect it Our primary purpose in collecting your personal data is to provide you with the services you requested and with those we believe will optimize and enhance your use of our Site and related services. Providing us with your information is not a requirement for using our Site, Service, but note that if you choose not to provide us with certain information, we may not be able provide certain services or functionality of the Site or Service.
There are a number of different ways that we may collect personal information from you:
Registration: When you register to use our Service, we may receive certain information about you through Facebook®, Twitter®, Google+®, or Instagram®, as applicable to your method of registration. This information, as indicated during the connection process may, include your name, your activities, hometown, interests, likes, user location, your photos and videos, website, email, phone number, friends, online presence, social following and other. This registration process is optional for Truenova users who only wish to view content, but may be required for users who would like to broadcast via Truenova or to use the Service's more advance options.
• Communication from You: When you contact us with questions, concerns or for purposes of customer/technical support, we collect the information contained in your message, which may include your name, contact details and any other personal information you provide.
• Via Surveys: We may collect your user information through surveys we may conduct from time to time with respect to our services. Participation in and providing information through such surveys is optional.
What we might do with the information collected
We may use the information provided to us to:
• Contact you from time to time with critical user or service updates or other information important for our services, or for the support of the service you requested. We may contact you to ensure that the information we have in our records is still correct and to add additional information to complete your profile;
• Receive feedback from you and inquire about any features you would like to see in future products. We may also contact you to ask you about our products and also to inform you of upgrades, technical issues, promotions and new products that you may be interested in;
• Send out newsletters to you with articles and information which we believe may be of interest to you;
• Customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
• Evaluate users, their preferences and trends for our own internal statistical and analytical purposes, which we may use for marketing purposes and with respect to operations and development;
• Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
• Prevent activity we determine to be potentially illegal;
Disclosure of information
Although we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required to do so by law or when necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our Service, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm, financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity. We may also disclose your personal data to enforce our policies or respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the right of others. In all cases, such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We work with third parties that provide services on our behalf. Such services may include website hosting, marketing, and website / mobile application usage analytics. We may share personal information and non-personal information with these third parties for the purpose of enabling them to provide these services. We do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of such third parties. We never sell your Personal Data to third parties.
Consent. We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
Required by Law. We may disclose personal information or any information collected through this Service if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials or law enforcement authorities, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity.
Certain Transactions. We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through the Service to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
Third Party / Behavioral Tracking. We may share, or we may permit third parties, including social media websites or advertisers, to collect your personal information, including data regarding location, browsing behavior or use of the Service through cookies, social plug-ins, or other tracking technology, so that such third parties may display ads relevant to your interests on the Service as well as on other websites or services, or on other devices you may use.
Information Shared with teachers
When you sign up for a Class with an teacher the following information is shared with that teacher, as stated in our Terms of Service:
- Your name, email address, and any information in your Truenova profile (including information from Facebook Products used to fill in your Truenova profile)
- Any messages you send to teachers through Truenova
- Your image and audio, during a Class (Classes are recorded, but only the teacher is seen on a recording or in a VOD; only audio created when a student’s microphone is enabled is recorded)
- Anything you state or show on the shared screen during the live stream of the Class
- You have control over your privacy as a student; you can decide if you want the teacher or other students to see your video and hear your during the Class as an Interactive student.
- Anything you state or show during the warm-up and cool down rooms
- Your image and first name for a Class Photo
- Whether or not this is your first Class with that teacher, and the total number of Classes you have attended with that teacher
Securing the information
We take reasonable technical and organizational measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful processing of the information collected and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. While no system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by our Service reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. Cookies
We may make use of "cookies" on our Site. A cookie is a small text file that can be placed and stored on your computer's hard disc when you visit a website for record keeping purposes. A cookie itself is not designed or intended to read any information from a user's computer (other than the contents of the cookie); rather, it is an identifier used by the Web Site that originally placed it on your hard drive. The actual contents of the cookie information can be retrieved by the same server to identify the computer and subsequently to customize, monitor, or regulate the use of a Site based on information stored on the host server. Therefore, cookies only identify the user's computer to the Web Site which may correlate other information, including personally identifiable information, with the cookie.
Children under thirteen
Access, modification and accuracy of information collected.
The information that is collected by Truenova is considered to be an asset. In the event that Truenova, any affiliated company, division or portions of its assets are acquired by another company, such information may be one of the transferred assets. We will take reasonable steps to place a notification of such a transfer on our Site.
Acceptance of these terms
If you wish to no longer receive our newsletters or emails, you can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the link in the footer of all our emails, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deleting your account
If you no longer want to use Truenova, and would like to delete your account, please reach out to us at email@example.com Once your account is deleted, your profile will be removed from the Platform and we may delete all of your Personal Data.